The EPHS consist of four levels of service delivery: community, primary health unit (PHUs), health centres and referral health centres/hospitals. The EPHS is delivered through 10 health programmes with standardized interventions. The nutrition services are integrated across the programmes.
The EPHS component of SHINE Supply is implemented by locally-operated NGOs:
- Action Against Hunger (AAH) and its consortium partners implement SHINE Supply in 10 regions in Banadir.
- Mercy USA implement SHINE Supply in 2 regions in Galgaduud in the Federal Republic of Somalia.
- Health Poverty Action (HPA) implements SHINE Supply in 2 regions in Awdal and 2 regions in Togdheer in Somaliland.
5 EPHS core programmes implemented in SHINE Supply:
- Maternal, reproductive and neonatal health
- Child health
- Communicable disease surveillance & control
- First aid care of critically ill and injured
- Treatment of common illnesses
SHINE Supply supports the implementation of these core programmes in 5 hospitals, 3 referral health centers, 63 health centers, 2 mobile clinics and 49 primary health units across 16 districts of Somalia/Somaliland.